Customer Privacy Notice - County Garage Ford
When you buy a product or receive services from:
- County Garage (Sales) Ltd
- other Ford dealers; and/or
- Ford Motor Company Limited registered in England: No. 235446, registered office: Eagle Way, Brentwood, Essex CM13 3BW ("Ford", "we", "our" or "us")
certain information about you and your vehicle ("personal information") will be collected.
This notice explains how your personal information will be used and who it will be shared with.
In addition to this notice, some Ford products and services (including some Ford apps) have their own privacy policies which describe in more detail how your personal information is used in a particular context. You can also find out more about what information your vehicle collects and uses by consulting the owners' manual or its accompanying app (where available).
Who your personal information will be shared with
Your personal information may be disclosed to:
- companies or other organisations that Ford and/or County Garage (Sales) Ltd. have engaged to provide services on their behalf such as web-hosting companies, mailing vendors, analytics providers, event hosting services, and information technology providers;
- companies or other organisations where you have asked us County Garage (Sales) Ltd. to or agreed that we may share your personal information with them;
- other Ford dealers and our partners where this is necessary to provide you with a product or service;
- professional advisors;
- any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where Ford and/or County Garage (Sales) Ltd believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our or County Garage (Sales) Ltd. rights, the rights of any third party or individuals' personal safety, or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or safety issues; or
- any third party that purchases, or to which we or County Garage (Sales) Ltd. transfer, all or substantially all of our respective assets and business. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we or County Garage (Sales) Ltd, as appropriate, will use reasonable efforts to try to ensure that the entity to which your personal information is transferred uses it in a manner that is consistent with this notice.
Ford may also share your personal information with FCE Bank plc (“Ford Credit”), Ford Motor Company, other Ford Motor Company Group companies worldwide. When we share your personal information, we will make sure that is used for purposes which are compatible with those described in this notice. A list of the companies within Ford Motor Company Group is available at www.ford.co.uk.
Transferring your personal information internationally
Your personal information will be treated in accordance with UK law concerning data protection and may be transferred within the European Economic Area ("EEA"), as well as to countries outside the EEA (including to the USA). The countries to which we transfer your personal information may not be regarded by the European Commission as ensuring an adequate level of protection for personal information. As a result, when we transfer your personal information outside the EEA we will put in place appropriate safeguards in accordance with our legal obligations to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected irrespective of the country to which it is transferred. These safeguards may include obtaining contractual assurances from any third party given access to your personal information
that your personal information will be protected by standards which are equivalent to those that protect your personal information when it is in the EEA. If you would like to know more about how Ford protects your personal information when it is transferred outside the EEA, or to obtain a copy of the safeguards we put in place to protect your personal information when it is transferred, please contact us at the address below.
What personal information will be used
Ford and County Garage (Sales) Ltd collect your personal information when:
- you fill in forms or make bookings (for example, if you book a service or request a test drive);
- receive services or purchase products at [Dealer name]; and
- you contact us (for example, we will keep a record of the information you provide when you write to us or contact our customer service centres).
When you bring your vehicle in for servicing or repair, we will collect diagnostic information about your vehicle and keep a record of the work carried out and parts supplied. We explain more about this is a separate section at the end of this notice.
The personal information we and County Garage (Sales) Ltd collect includes:
- your name and contact information (such as your address, telephone number(s) and email address) and information about your business or employer if you are enquiring in a commercial capacity;
- information about your vehicle (including your Vehicle Identification Number ("VIN"), vehicle registration number, model, age and mileage);
- the products and services in which you are interested or have purchased;
- your contact and marketing preferences; and
- information required for financing purposes such as payment information.
In addition, where permitted by law, we may combine the information we hold with information about you or your interests, socio-economic and socio-demographic status, online identifiers and current contact details collected by third parties such as marketing agencies and from public sources.
We may be required by law to collect certain personal information. We may also be required to collect your personal information as a result of a contractual relationship with you. Failure to provide this information may prevent or delay the fulfilment of these obligations.
How your information will be used
We and County Garage (Sales) Ltd use the personal information we collect to:
- fulfil your requests (for example, to provide services to you);
- manage and improve our business and our relationship with you;
- assess the quality of the services we and [Dealer name] provide, and the services our suppliers provide to us or on our behalf;
- deal with your enquiries;
- conduct research;
- send you marketing material in line with your communications preferences; and
- comply with our legal and regulatory responsibilities, to respond to legal process or requests for information issued by government authorities or other third parties, and to prevent and detect crime and fraud, or protect your, our or others’ rights.
For more information about how the personal information we collect when your vehicle is serviced or repaired is used, please see the ‘Repair, diagnosis and servicing for your Ford vehicle’ section of this notice below.
We, Ford Motor Company, other Ford Motor Company Group companies worldwide and County Garage (Sales) Ltd may combine and, using automated decision making processes, analyse your personal information to assist with the purposes outlined above, and to
- help us understand, develop and improve our products, processes, and services and marketing strategies;
- personalise our communications, products and services to you;
- keep your personal information up to date;
- to understand our customers better; and
- to manage and improve our relationship with you.
This could include, for example, informing our distribution strategy, evaluating the effectiveness of our marketing and customer service, conducting market analysis and identifying products or services which may be of interest to you, and contacting you to tell you about such product or services which may be of interest to you, and contacting you